In the walkthrough editor, under the Events section, one of the configuration options is Add Activity. This option is used in conjunction with Select an event to edit. VisualSP's powerful Help item editor allows you to add multiple activities to every step of your walkthrough.
These are you options and what they mean:
- Log a message to the console - adds a message to the browser console. Useful for debugging walkthroughs that are not performing as expected.
- Hide the bubble arrow - if you don't want the bubble to have an arrow pointing to the selected element, this activity will hide the arrow.
- Click a DOM element if present - if you want an action to take place on the screen (ie., open or close a module window), you can trigger a click event on an element if an element is present. Your options are the If Selector (if the test returns back a valid element then the specified Click Selector will be clicked); Click Selector (the element that will be clicked); and a Delay.
- Click a DOM element if not present - trigger a click event on an element if an element is NOT present. Your options are the If Selector (if the test does not return back a valid element then the specified Click Selector will be clicked); Click Selector; and a Delay.
- Set border - add a border around a specified target element. This doesn't have to be the same element that the bubble is associated with. Your options include Target; Size; Style (dashed, dotted, double, groove, inset, outset, ridge, and solid); Delay; Color; and Clear on Next or Previous.
- Clear border - removes the border from the specified target. Your options include Target; and Delay.
- Set background color - add a background color (highlight) to the specified target element. Your options include Target; Delay; Clear on Next or Previous; and Color.
- Clear background color - removes the background color from the specified target. Your options include Target; and Delay.
- Set CSS - add an arbitrary CSS style to the specified target. Your options include Target; Delay; Style Name; and Style Value.
- Open Help Item - opens the specified help item. Your options include a Help Item drop down where you can easily select from a list of your current Help items; and Delay.
- Open an URL - opens a specified URL. Your options are URL; Show in New Window; and Delay.
The first step to adding an activity is to select an event to edit by selecting from the Select an event to edit drop down.
Here is additional information about Select an event to edit.
After an event is selected, select an activity to add and edit the configuration options.