These are the steps to configure a Call-to-Action button in a walkthrough bubble:
In the VisualSP Walkthrough editor, for each walkthrough step, there is an option to include a Call-to-Action button and a Call-to-Action Label under Advanced Properties:
If the Show Call-to-Action Button is toggled to the On position, you are required to add a Call-to-Action Label or else the button will not appear.
To configure the call-to-action button, go to the Events section and from the Select an event to edit drop down, select On Call-to-Action (the number in parenthesis indicates the number of activities associated with each event):
Next, from the Add Activity drop down, select Open an URL if you want the button click to open another web page, or Open Help Item if you want the button click to launch another Help item:
If you select Open an URL, click on Check all required properties to expand the configuration window.
- Add the URL of the web page you would like to open
- Delay. This will delay opening the URL. It is expressed as a number, in milliseconds (ie., 1000 equals 1 second)
- Show in New Window. Select to open the URL in a new tab
If you selected Open Help Item, click on Check all required properties to expand the configuration window.
- The Help Item field is a drop down that displays all of your Help items. Simply select one to configure it to open.
- Delay. As explained above.
Preview Walkthrough to make sure it works as expected.