This can be done simply with the combination of a VisualSP walkthrough and a SharePoint list that will capture the users name and their acknowledgement. Here is how to do it.
Prepare a SharePoint listCreate a custom SharePoint list with a "yes/no" data type, defaulting to 'No'. Add a detailed description.
Create the VisualSP WalkthroughOn the page where you would like the compliance message, create a walkthrough with the following configuration:
- Add a title and a description detailing the compliance message
- Show as Splash Screen
- Under Advanced Properties, toggle the Show Call-to-Action Button and add a Call-to-Action Label:
- Under the Events section, select On Call-to-Action (1) and Open an URL from the Add Activity drop down (2)
- Add the URL (1) of the Add New Item link for the SharePoint list you created earlier, and select Show in New Window (2)
- Save the walkthrough and test. The walkthrough will look something like this: