A walkthrough can highlight specific sections of an application interface, providing on-screen guidance to your users at their moment of need.
To create a basic Walkthrough, go to the VisualSP Help System Management tab.
- Click on the top right menu.
- From the drop down menu, click on Enable Edit Mode.
- Then click Add Help Item.
- Select the Blank Help Item template.
- Select the Walkthrough Media Type. Add a title (required) and description (optional) to your walkthrough.
- Select the Group name and Position in Group. This is the category and position your help item will appear in the Help panel.
- Click on Switch to Walkthrough Builder.
- Add a Title and your Content.
- Toggle Show As Splash Screen to display the step as a splash screen, or click Select Element to attach the step to an element on the page. In this example we will click Select element. The Editor window will minimize.
- Select a Target Element, e.g. News heading. Then click Use It! The walkthrough editor window will re-open.
- Click the Preview Walkthrough button to check your work.
- This is what our walkthrough looks like so far.
- The walkthrough step will appear below the selected element by default. You can change the position of the bubble by selecting a different Placement, which is located below the Content field on the Core Properties screen:
- To add another step, click on Add Step.
- Continue building out your walkthrough and checking your work by clicking Preview. When you're happy with the results, click on Save Help Item. Your Walkthrough becomes available immediately in the category selected earlier ("Overview" in this example).