- If you are storing your Help item artifacts in your 2013 Site Assets library, you will need to migrate those artifacts to the 2016 Site Assets library.
- You will need to export your custom Help items from 2013 and import them into 2016. If your VisualSP version is 5.5.7 and below you will need to export the entire Help item library then use a text editor to delete all of the Help items except for your custom Help items. These would then be imported into your 2016 environment. As an alternative, if you upgrade to our most recent version of VisualSP, you will be able to select your custom Help items in the Help Gallery and export only those. This could be a big time saver if you have a lot of custom Help items. If you would like to upgrade to the newest version, please download the latest release here.
Database detach/attach migration method
- Your existing 2013 license key will not work with the 2016 version of VisualSP. Request a new license key specifically for 2016 by emailing email@example.com.
- Perform a standard VisualSP deployment to the new farm using one of the methods documented below.
- Create a test web application and site collection and validate that the deployment is complete and successful.
- Attach SharePoint Content DB's to the new farm.
- Create a new farm hub site, and fill it with the 2016 content from the zip file on our site.
- Configure the VisualSP settings in Central Admin to use the new 2016 hub site.
- Delete the original Visual SP farm hub site that was migrated from 2013.