The VisualSP Teams app supports Viva Connections. Viva Connections is a new employee experience platform that brings together relevant news, conversations, and other resources. It takes company news feeds, documents and other content from your SharePoint Intranet, and makes this information available inside Microsoft Teams. The Viva Connections area in Microsoft Teams can be branded to your company, so it will look and feel like your SharePoint intranet home page too.
Displaying VisualSP through Viva Connections
To make VisualSP work through Viva Connections, the only thing you need to do is install the Viva Connections app in Teams and just point it to a SharePoint Communication site that has the VisualSP custom action installed. Our VisualSP tab will automatically show up.
Deploying Viva Connections
Download the Viva Connections on Teams desktop install script.
When you're running the install script, you will need to provide the following information so have it handy before you start. Note: the info below you provide does not get sent to Microsoft so no worries.
- URL of the SharePoint site you want to show in Viva Connections
- Name of the icon that will appear on the Teams app bar (left rail) that will navigate your people to Viva Connections. Usually, that's just your company name like Contoso.
- App short description (80 characters): short description of your app. This will appear in Teams app catalog.
- App long description (up to 4,000 characters): long description of your app. This will also appear in your Teams app catalog.
- Company name: your organization name that will be visible on the app page in Teams app catalog in "Created By" section.
- Company website: your company's website (must start with https://) that will be linked to your company's app name.
- Icons: you need to provide two png icons. A 192x192 pixel colored icon for Teams app catalog. And a 32x32 pixel monochrome icon for Teams app bar.
Once you have followed the steps above, a Teams app manifest file (zip file) gets created for you. You will need Teams admin credentials to upload this app manifest to Teams admin center --> Manage apps.
Now if you want all your users to see this app automatically in their Teams app bar then you'll need to pin the app by default for your users like any other Teams app.