- Go to a page of an application where the Help Item is relevant. e.g. a SharePoint Site home page.
- Click on the VisualSP tab to open the contextual list of Help Items.
- Find the Help Item that you want to share, e.g. Create new document: step by step.
- Click on the link icon next to the Help Item. The link to the Help Item will be copied to your clipboard together with the current page of the application, e.g. the link to a SharePoint Site home page will be copied together with the link to the Help Item, Create new documents: step by step. The image below shows how the complete link will look like.
- Send the link either via email or instant messenger.
- When the recipient clicks on the shared link, the Help Item will open on top of the page of the application. The Help Item will be displayed in context. Wherever you are in an Microsoft 365 application, if you share a link to a Help Item, the page of that application will be shared along so that the Help Item opens in context.
Updated on January 27, 2021