VisualSP is constantly adding new features and improving the user experience so it is always beneficial to update to the latest version.
What Version Do I Have Now?
To find the version you are currently running, please reference How to check for the installed version – on-prem for instructions.
What is the Latest Version of VisualSP?
You will find the current version number, along with the Setup Package for each version of SharePoint (2010, 2013, 2016) on our VisualSP Help System Customer Portal.
How Do I Upgrade?
- Download the Setup Package for your particular version of SharePoint from the VisualSP Help System Customer Portal.
- Place the VisualSPInstaller.exe file on the server.
- Log into one of your SharePoint Web Front-End servers as a SharePoint Server Administrator. It is not necessary to upgrade VisualSP on each SharePoint server. The upgrade will automatically be applied to all the other web front-end servers in the farm.
- Double click on the .exe file to begin the upgrade.
- On the Welcome screen, click Next to continue:
- On the System Check screen click Next:
- On the EULA screen, click to agree to the terms of the EULA and click Next:
- On the Repair, Upgrade, or Uninstall page, leave Upgrade or Repair selected. Click Next:
- On the License screen, leave I want to use an existing key already provided or I will provide the key later selected. Click Next:
- The configurations on the next screens will default to the settings you selected when VisualSP was originally set-up. If you don’t want to make any changes you can click Next on all the rest of the screens.
- When you reach the Confirm Installation screen, click Next.
- When the installer is done you will see the Finished! screen with a Repair Complete confirmation. Click OK, then Close.
Your VisualSP installation is now up-to-date!