Congratulations! You've made the smart decision to use VisualSP to provide in-context support to your users. The next thing to consider is how you should deploy VisualSP to your environment. The following are some common scenarios with their recommended deployment strategies. Depending upon your environment, one or more deployment strategies may work for you.
- Your environment includes SharePoint Online. Best practice is to deploy the SharePoint application extension to your tenant's SharePoint app catalog. The benefit of deploying with the application extension is your users will see the VisualSP Help tab without the need for a browser extension.
- Your environment includes Dynamics 365. Best practice to deploy to Dynamics 365 is using a managed solution we can provide you. It's quick and easy and takes 10 minutes to install in your environment.
- You environment includes Microsoft Office 365 apps such as OneDrive, Outlook, Word Online, OneDrive, etc. Deploy our browser extension via GPO or SCCM. For the Microsoft 365 apps that don't allow deployment, we supply a quick and easy to install browser extension. The browser extension (supports all browsers) also works seamlessly with other applications that have our application deployed so it is okay to use both methods.
- You need to make the VisualSP install part of an existing build process. Automatically deploy VisualSP to new sites by adding our SharePoint application extension to your tenant's SharePoint app catalog and all new sites will automatically include VisualSP.
- Your SharePoint Online environment uses Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). MFA requires deployment of VisualSP via PowerShell. If you aren't using MFA, our SharePoint application extension works great and is the recommended deployment method.
- You want to deploy VisualSP to a subset of your users. You can deploy either the SharePoint application extension or the browser extension. As part of your activation, our support team will configure your subscription to Block New Users and upload a list of your chosen users to your Subscription list. Only those users will then see the VisualSP licensed content.